Outdoor gear and clothing … ugh. I get that gear is important. But I’m not the kind of person who wears high tech, breathable fabrics, or god forbid, a Buff. I wear cardigans. I wear vintage clothes.
Dressed up in outdoorsy clothes, I feel like an idiot, a fraud. It feels like playing dress-up for a character who is totally. not. me. at. all.
But there’s no getting around it, I need stuff. So here’s the list. Many thanks to previous pilgrim Kat (Following the Arrows) for her input on what I will need!
- REI Traverse 28 backpack, Women’s
- Platypus Hoser hydration sytem
- Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking Poles, Women’s
- North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX waterproof hiking shoes
- Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket with hood (no longer in production)
- Craghoppers Nat Geo Pro Lite Half Zip fleece
- Trekmates Essential Poncho
- Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch Pants
- North Face Women’s Aphrodite 2.0 Pants
- Icebreaker Bodyfit 200 Merino base layers (top & bottom)
- REI Co-op Northway Plaid Shirt
- REI Co-op Sahara T-Shirt
- North Face Reaxion Amp V-Neck T-Shirt
- UV Insect Shield Buff
- Columbia Bora Bora II Booney hat
- Nike Dri-Fit sports bra, two
- ExOfficio Women’s Give-n-Go Sport Mesh Hipkini, 2 pair (no longer in production)
- Injinji Trail Midweight Mini-Crew sock, one pair
- Injinji Unisex Trail Midweight Crew Xtralife Socks, one pair
- Shikoku Japan 88 Route Guide (4th edition), English edition, by David Moreton.
- Repel 100 insect repellent, 1oz.
- Compeed Blister Cushions, small and medium
- UST Ultimate Survival Tight Light 1.0 Headlamp, 30 Lumens
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun screen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Mini first aid kit
- 20L Dry bag – To keep things in my pack dry in case of rain
- iPhone 7 + charger
- Bandana / Mini towel